Monday, October 19, 2009

Muhammad Irfan - Pakistan`s 7-foot-tall pace sensation

Pakistani paceman Muhammad Irfan hopes that his extraordinary height will help him emulate the feats of fellow bowling giants Joel Garner and Bruce Reid.

"I have heard a lot about Garner, have seen his videos and I want to emulate his feat. It would be tremendous to register Pakistan's name in a world record," the 27-year-old told AFP, setting his sights on becoming the tallest international bowler of all time.

"I was 17 when my height started to increase and people used to see me with amazement. Some doctors say that my height can still increase," said the 7 ft 1 in Irfan, who was first spotted by former first-class bowler Nadeem Iqbal.

Iqbal brought the lanky Irfan to Pakistan's National Cricket Academy where former Pakistan player and bowling coach Aaqib Javed trained the youngster.

Full Article: DAWN.COM | Cricket | Mohammad Irfan: Pakistan's 7-foot-tall pace sensation

No comments:

Post a Comment